Now & Then
Legend has it that it was the uncle of American Folk hero Davey Crockett who first settled along the Yellow Breeches Creek where Allenberry Resort sits today. By 1778, according to county tax rolls, James Crockett owned the then two-farm tract just outside the quaint country town of Boiling Springs. Soon after, he and his family raised a barn and house that, more than 200 years later, are still in use at Central PA’s premiere rustic boutique resort.
Visit nearby attractions including the crystal-clear waters of Children’s Lake, Roundtop Mountain skiing and summer activities, artisan shoppes in adjacent Boiling Springs, multiple golf courses, Dickinson and Messiah colleges along with the historic Army War College and Heritage Center (USAHEC), the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, and Williams Grove Speedway.
Much has changed over the decades. Since 1786 six successive ownership families have added their own buildings and personal touches, but one thing remains the same: Allenberry Resort offers guests a world-class getaway and quiet pastoral respite from the busy outside world.
Today, the tradition of simple living and relaxation continues on the charming 57-acre resort, which is located conveniently amid all that Central PA has to offer in Gettysburg, Hershey, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With grounds connected by foot, bike, and golf cart paths, visitors have the freedom to leave their cars and their busy world behind. All on the same provincial estate, visitors can choose from a wide range of activities:
- Hike along beautiful wilderness trails, just minutes from the 2,200-mile Appalachian Trail
- Fly fish or just enjoy the tranquility of the famed Yellow Breeches Creek
- Relax at the resort’s full-service Day Spa & Wellness Center
- Sip a cozy hot beverage and sample the famous sticky buns at Breeches Bakery and Cafe
- COMING IN 2018 – Get instruction on skeet shooting or just polish your shooting skills
- Take advantage of the resort’s gym and fitness facilities
- Take a dip or lounge beside the outdoor pool
- Catch a live play, comedy act, or musical performance at the resort’s famed Playhouse